A new kind of organisation
— Learning with purpose, creating our futures
Our future way of working will use the collective knowledge and experience of the Network to deliver high-quality learning across the country, reflecting the needs of our communities at a local level.
Stronger network, greater options
New Zealand’s career-focused learning network is becoming Te Pūkenga
Come together as one to become Te Pūkenga — The New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology
In this section
Ko Te Pūkenga mātou
Our identity is inspired by the base of the harakeke. The strongest part, from where all threads meet and grow. Because while we are all separate strands, we are stronger together.
A new education system for New Zealand
Te Pūkenga will develop career-focused qualifications and programmes in direct response to business needs, drawing input from our network and industries. We will provide learners with practical experience that ensures our graduates have the skills employers require.
Whakairohia he toki, tāraia te anamata
Learning with purpose, creating our futures
E tuku ana e Te Pūkenga ngā huarahi mātauranga hiranga, tino kounga hoki hei tautoko i ngā ākonga, ngā kaitukumahi me ngā hapori ki te whiwhi i ngā pūkenga, mōhiotanga, āheinga hoki kei te hiahiatia e Aotearoa i āianei, mō āpōpō hoki. Noho ai ngā ākonga me ō rātou whānau hei pūtake mō ā mātou mahi katoa.
Te Pūkenga provides excellent and quality educational opportunities that support learners, employers and communities to gain the skills, knowledge and capabilities that Aotearoa New Zealand needs now and for the future. Learners and their whānau are at the centre of all that we do.
Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE) includes seven key changes that will enable a unified vocational education system:
- Create Workforce Development Councils
- Establish Regional Skills Leadership Groups
- Establish Te Taumata Aronui
- Create Te Pūkenga
- Shift the role of supporting workplace learning from Transitional Industry Training Organisations to providers
- Establish Centres of Vocational Excellence
- Unify the vocational education funding system
- A relentless focus on equity and ensuring participation – we honour and uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi in all that we do.
- Delivering customised learning approaches that meet the needs of learners and trainees wherever they are.
- Using our size and scale to strengthen the quality and range of education delivery throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. Excellence in educational provision for all.
- Services that meet the specific regional needs of employers and communities.
- Transition educational services in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi in all that we do.
- Provide exceptional learning experiences and equitable outcomes for Māori.
- Be learner centred. Recognise the diverse and unique needs of all learners, with a focus on the unmet needs of Māori, Pacific and disabled learners, and staff, to empower diversity, belonging, and wellbeing.
- Partner with employers to deliver relevant workintegrated education that meets skills needs.
- Be responsive and empowering to staff and learners.
- Become a connected and future focused education provider driven by innovation, collaboration, research, data driven decision-making and teaching excellence.
- Delivering regional flexibility and nationally consistent outcomes. Create-barrier free access, mobility across, and clear pathways within the network for learners.
- Become a sustainable network of provision creating social, economic, environmental and cultural wellbeing.
- Focus on efficient and cost-effective delivery across the network.