New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (NZIST) Chief Executive Stephen Town is very pleased to announce the appointment of six Deputy Chief Executives (DCE). The new roles will form the basis of Stephen’s new leadership team and signal another step in the progress NZIST is making to build a cohesive, sustainable vocational education system.
The DCE appointments are:
- Ana Morrison will be our DCE Partnerships and Equity. Ana is currently the Executive Director – Strategic Partnerships & Māori Success at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
- Tania Winslade will be our DCE Learner Journey and Experience. Tania is currently the GM Māori Outcomes at Auckland Council
- Warwick Quinn will be our DCE Employer Journeys. Warwick is currently the Chief Executive of the BCITO
- Dr Angela Beaton will be our DCE Delivery and Academic. Angela is currently GM National Women’s Health, Auckland DHB
- Merran Davis will be our DCE Transformation and Transition. Merran is currently the interim Chief Executive of Unitec Institute of Technology
- Vaughan Payne will be our DCE Operations. Vaughan is currently the Chief Executive of the Waikato Regional Council
“We have had significant interest and a very high calibre of people keen in being part of our team. I am exceptionally pleased that our six new DCEs will be joining me to take on the leadership and management of what will be a big, challenging and exciting journey towards reimagining vocational education and training for New Zealand,” says Stephen.
“Our new leadership team brings with them a diverse, multi-faceted set of skills, knowledge and experience. The very thing we need to ensure that New Zealand’s largest provider of tertiary education will meet the unique needs of all our learners, employers, industry and communities.”
The salary range for NZIST’s six DCE roles is $253,249 - $392,214. The new DCEs are expected to take up their roles before early November.